Bangkok To Hat Yai
- Please Note: The Chao Lay community on Koh Lipe are independent from the ferry operators. There is no pier on Koh Lipe, you will have to pay them a fee of around 50baht. Most Resorts have private drivers so look for their awnings on the boats or ask to be taken to your Resort or nearest beach.
- Contact an agent
From Langkawi Malaysia
- From November until May there are several ferries a day from Langkawi to Koh Lipe. However, most ferry companies use a different port on Langkawi Island.
- The boat ride to Koh Lipe takes less than 1 hour.
- When you arrive on Koh Lipe you will have to go through immigration. Visit our partner site for travel information and schedules from Langkawi or Penang.
- If you are coming from Kuala Lumpur, we also have hotels and other information on how to get here.
- From May to November there are no ferries between Langkawi and Koh Lipe. You can take a ferry from Langkawi to Satun, where you clear immigration and can take a minibus to Pakbara.
- Langkawi is approximately 30km from Koh Lipe in Malaysia. This route is open only during high season. There is now an immigration office on Koh Lipe to help with stamping in or out of Thailand.
- If you are coming from Langkawi, Penang or other parts of Malaysia during low season, you must first go to Satun or Hat Yai crossing the border, then to Pak Bara. Contact an independent agent to arrange transportation. If you are coming from Kuala Lumpur or Singapore, you can fly direct to Langkawi or Hat Yai, or take a bus or train to HatYai and then taxi to Pak Bara.
You can now get to/from Phuket and Koh Lanta & Phi Phi Island to Langkawi, in 1 day!